Black Cocoa Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 8 oz one package cream cheese, softened
- 16 Tablespoons two sticks butter, softened
- 5 ½ -6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup black cocoa powder (linked is one of my favorite brands on Amazon)
- 4-6 Tablespoons milk
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. salt if using unsalted butter
- 3 large drops black gel food color (optional, but will make your frosting a deeper black more quickly)
- Beat together softened cream cheese and butter; slowly add in powdered sugar alternating with cocoa powder and milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Add vanilla, black gel color (if desired), and salt if needed and beat until well combined.
Black Cocoa Cream Cheese Buttercream additional notes / links:
Nielsen Massey vanilla extract (best reviewed) Watkins vanilla extract (less expensive)
Americolor black gel food color - I use black pretty frequently, especially around Halloween, so I bought this large bottle from Amazon!